Monday, November 12, 2012

Life is about sacrifice....

I am a firm believer that life is about sacrifice, and it isnt always an easy battle.  Sometimes we have to make blind sacrifices in order to be happy.  What are you willing to give up in the short term to be successful in the long term?  This is the rule, not the exception.  In my weight loss journey so far I have had to make sacrifices.  Sacrifices of time, money, and in some instances, taste!  However, the end result, hell, even the result to date is all worth the sacrifices.
I am willing to make sacrifices in all sorts of areas in my life.  After a nasty, short marriage and an even nastier divorce, I have found that I do not need any one in my life to be happy.  However, I want someone in my life to share the moments with.  Relationships are no different.  I want someone who wants me.  I want someone who isnt to busy looking for the next one, or going back to the old one to realize what they have.  I want someone who wants to see something through.  Maybe this is what is wrong with the world today.  How can you enjoy what you have when you are constantly looking for something or someone else?  I am worth more than that.  I want someone to show me the same level of commitment that I show them.  Someone whose first instinct isnt to run or cheat on me. Someone who understands the value I have. 
Today I sacrifice my time.  In the last few years I have been employed full time.  A full time student, a full time dad.  A full time handyman, I bought and remodeled a foreclosed home.  I graduate in a few weeks and will have so much time...  Oh and right now I have a part time job on top of it all....
I have been through a lot in my life, and hopefully will be able to move sometime within the next year or so hopefully away from Nebraska, it is something I need, for me.  I carried my best friend to his final resting place in the best shape of my life...  After that I ate, non stop until I realized what I was doing. Today, I want to get back to that healthy spot.
I am tired of sacrificing but I will continue until I get to that spot.  I feel like I am as close today as I have ever been.  My satisfaction comes from the fight, not the though of achieving it.  I can accept failure, I cant accept not trying.

There is always a sacrifice, the question is an internal one.  Do you have the strength the to put certain desires to bed in order to enjoy the fruit of the harvest?  Do you have the will power to succeed?  The fact is; many cant.  Those that cant usually are never satisfied in the end result.  They believe they did all they could, without looking internally to ask if they really did everything they could.  No one deserves anything, it is about what you earned.  There is a huge difference in those two sentiments..  IT isnt the number of hours one puts in, it is the work put in during those hours that counts.

Commit to something, see it through.... 

My hope is that whoever reads this, leaves and makes a decision to stick to something, see it through, you will see results.  The results may not always be the desired results, but you will get them none the less and in that moment you will have satisfaction knowing you did all you could.

 

5 comments:

  1. I really appreciated this post, it's something that I needed to be reminded of. Finding someone who is as committed as you are is the only way that you are ever going to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love when I get comments. Can't wait to meet everyone at fitbloggin. Feel free to follow me on Twitter Balkdog81. I think I'm on the right track with finding that. #keeping fingers crossed. It is so important to have that, otherwise ur settling. I'm glad my post affected you. Keep up the hard work.

      Delete
  2. The sacrifices for our health are tough and long an exhausting. I fight with myself *constantly* to keep going because there's no way that quitting would be okay with me.

    I've been hanging on by the skin of my teeth (that's a weird cliche, isn't it?) It's true, but I keep trying.....It's the only thing I know to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog and read this post, wonderful and motivating- which is something I need a bit of help with right now. I wish you the best and I will continue to follow.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Megan. If u would like, feel free to follow me on Twitter, it is Balkdog81. Thanks. :). You can do it. Their is a way!

    ReplyDelete