Thursday, December 13, 2012

A New Year, A New Career

Wow...  This post is likely going to be all over the place, by design of course. As most of you know, I am a Social Worker.  I determine benefits for the SNAP/Food Stamp program, as well as other government entitlement program benefits ranging from child care to Medicaid.  Next Thursday, I will be finished with my undergraduate degree from Nebraska Wesleyan University and I am deciding on a few different universities for my Masters degree. 

This year has been a hard year, a good year though.  It is time for me to change careers.  I have recently applied for a few different companies.  I am not for sure what I want to do, but I know I need to be in a career where I foster relationships with people.  Immediately, I think of pharmaceutical sales, a position as a buyer, something in the insurance industry. 

I have done so much with my life, I have lost 170 pounds, I am graduating college, I have done things some never or couldnt do.  My greatest accomplishment is never giving up on my education.  I didnt do it like most do, but I didnt quit.  I did it while I had kid, a family and a full time job.  I will achieve all my goals.  I just have to realize they wont always happen in the time frame that I want them to.

I am refocusing now on my diet and exercise needs.  This is the next step...  Time to finish this process, one I started long ago.

Have you ever had a year or a time period in your life that was hard, but it was a good year at the same time?  What goals have you accomplished, what is your greatest accomplishment?

1 comment:

  1. You have done soooo awesome!! I think it's great that you have lost that much weight, that you have finished school & are now moving on to even more new things.:) I don't like change at all..it pretty much has to be forced on me..but then I adapt. The past few years have been hard...separation & eventual divorce, issues with my oldest, sickness, etc. I didn't think I was strong enough to make it thru that..but I did. I know that there will be more hard times ahead...just hope that I can get thru those as well. You're an inspiration. As for as goals that I have accomplished...I have a job now, I have lost 40 lbs (it used to be a bit more, but I relapsed..so going to go from there), have tried to be more positive & not so negative about everything. I have a ways to go to reach my other goals...but I WILL get there.:)

    ReplyDelete