Sunday, February 24, 2013

Focus


 
Yes, I still have a blog; it feels like and has been forever since I have written a post that I wanted to share.  I recently finished my college degree, and for so long that was my focus.  Since then, I haven’t really dedicated myself to something other than growing my friendships and relationship.  This last weekend my friend Kenlie visited.  During that weekend I made some food choices that my body didn’t like….  The scale hasn’t really moved much for me in any direction, but I know I cant continue these eating patterns and be successful with my weight loss goals. I have lost weight before, recently and long ago and I know what I need to do in order to be successful, I just have to do it.  I don’t have a good reason to be eating badly, I just did it.  I made that decision.  That being said, I need to think before I eat…  I have decided that my weight loss needs to be my focus, like school was.  I have decided that I want to try and get in to pharmaceutical sales.  In order to do so, I need to do a few things… 

I need to upgrade my wardrobe, and I need to get to a point where I think I would look good, or hirable in the medical environment.  I like to look nice, but to be honest, as a larger guy it is hard to buy nice clothes, especially as my weight changes.  I need to really spend the next 6 months getting this in order.  It is sad that it is necessary to do so, but the reality is larger people, fat people are discriminated against, and it is completely legal.  As a large guy, I never hated myself, but sometimes I hated how I had to look because of the clothing choices that I had available to me… 

I have decided that my goal is to lose 60 pounds by June 1st.  My birthday, what better way to celebrate my birthday!?  I know I can do it.  I just need to apply everything that I have learned over the years…  The bottom line is something I call “want to” you have to want to do something.  Regardless of what it is that you want, you have to make it a “want to...”  In order to grow something, you have to care for it like you want it to grow…   losing weight is like growing a plant, instead of watering the soil, we hydrate our bodies, instead of pruning leaves, we cut out certain foods….  I had this “want to” with my education; I did the things needed in order to get the result that I wanted.  My gift for achieving this goal is 500 dollars to upgrade my wardrobe. 

I am going to achieve this goal by focusing on my diet and exercise habits.  My goal is to intake no more than 1500 calories a day and I will exercise every day!  If I do those simple things, I will achieve my goals.  It really isn’t anything special; just making good decisions over a period of time.
 
Have you ever achieved a goal and then had a period of time where you werent focused on something?
 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Focus is key. I find tracking all food intake and exercise and recording it honestly has been extremely helpful. Tracking takes five or ten minutes of my day and I find it worthwhile.

    I've always had trouble with temptations and discipline. I've let friends, co-workers and family sabotage my weight-loss efforts.
    Example: It's not like I have to order deep-fried whatever and beer at a restaurant like my man does, I can choose a salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side with sparkling water with lemon.
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete