Monday, July 8, 2013

Where Do I Go From Here?

Wow, it has been foreeeeeever since I last posted on here.  I should fill you in on all of the details?  Well, I am not exactly sure where to start.  Since I started this blog to be about my weight loss, I will address that first.  Up until about July first I wasn't focusing on it at all.  In fact, I was probably focusing on the opposite.  I wouldn't say I was doing it on purpose, but I knew the choices I had been making were not going to lead me to positive results.  Make no mistake about it, losing weight is a complete lifestyle change.  I know I wont reach my goal overnight, but it shouldn't take me this long.  I often get caught up in thinking, what if I had not made bad food choices for those last three weeks?  that tail spin makes it even worse because I eat for emotional reasons!!!

On July 1st, I decided to start making baby steps to getting back on track.  My priority is getting in to the best health possible.  Who doesn't want to be able to buy clothes from the middle of the rack, but number one is getting healthy so I may be on this earth for as long as the big man, GOD, wants me here.  To date, my work outs have been good.  I am trying to get a level of cardio so that I can really close the year with some amazing intense work outs.  I am starting small and working my way to a place where I feel like I can really make hay. 

My diet, oy....  Has been ok.  Not good, but certainly not bad.  I need to make this my focus.  I need consistency.  How does a single dad do that????  I am not for sure, have you tried making meals with a 4 year old and a 2 year old?  It, I am a work in progress.  I am going to start blogging on a regular basis.  It is my release.  Twitter, it make me so connected to people who simply get my struggle.  Not only do they get it, they embrace it, and me.

I am also in a spot in which I am trying to figure out what I want to do with my professional life. My main focus is on losing weight.  For so long I had given up on myself.  Within the last two years though I have found part of what I lost.  I am worth it.  I wont give up, I will get it!

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging again. I have no doubt you will achieve your goals now that you have set your mind to it. I have seen your determination and I draw inspiration from it. You are an amazing person and you deserve all the happiness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to be on it 24/7. From maintainers who've kept off 40 or 200 lbs, one thing they have in common is that they never slack on fitness and proper nutrition. You've come so far, why undo all your hard work? It's not worth the price to your health.
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete